Thursday, October 7, 2010

Attending college online!!

Hello everyone!  I wanted to discuss what it is like for me to be an online student at Kaplan!  I didn't think I would ever have the time to go back to school to finish my degree.  When I graduated high school I attended a community college to go into the medical field because that has always been what interested me, unfortunately it was hard to attend class and work full time and fit everything into my schedule.  I didn't finish because of the conflict with my schedule and gave up on finishing my degree.  When I started Kaplan about 5 months ago it was like a dream come true!! :-)  I am able to work around my work schedule and still attend classes.  The flexibility of seminars and being able to work on projects from the comfort of my on home has been a blessing!  I truly enjoy going to school and I am eager to learn all i can about my future profession in medical assisting and I have enjoyed all the classes I have taken.  This has been a life changing experience for me, and I can't wait to see what awaits me around the corner!! I hope everyone has a great week!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is a great accomplishement, isn't it?! I too have found the flexability of working on school from home to be wonderful. Still, at times it is overwhelming! I am married to my husband of 6 years. We have two children, and a busy schedule. He is in the USAF and for our family that means constant changes, which leaves a demand on my schedule for flexability. I have been living in Las Vegas for the past almost 5 years, and am eager to be getting out of the airforce and moving back to MA to be with our family again. I will finally be able to attend work! His career has definitly stunted mine since moving to LV. So, I understand your situation and thought I would remind you that you are not the only one paddling that boat! I am glad to hear that you have found happiness through Kaplan, as I have. I look forward to reading future posts! See you in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mitzi,
    I feel the same way about going back to school. It has been a great experience for me also. I have truely enjoyed meeting all my classmates and learning about their journey. What are you plans after you finish you finish school? I don't know about MA degrees, would you work at a hospital or doctors office? You should be proud of yourself for taking the steps needed to get your degree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being an online student has made me feel the same way. I am a mother of 5 (4children and 1husband), but i feel the same way busy, busy, busy. Thanks to new technology we can all do it at home with no one to laugh at the wrong answers or any of the silly things that would happen in school. It's hard trying to keep it all together when all you do is run all day without a second to breath, but it will all be worth every bit of it in the long run. Especially if you have the passion to help people, that is why most of us have chosen the medical field. It always feels good to help someone besides yourself! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unit 3
    I am proud that you are happy in the online environment.

    ReplyDelete